Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Coming Home

I know it has been forever since I last blogged...but I am running around trying to get our home ready for a Homecoming. I am alternating between excitement and nerves. Obviously, I am happy that dh will be home soon. The last 15 months have been long and draining. However, I am also nervous about how he will be and how I will be once the honeymoon phase of the homecoming is gone.

Though we are on our third deployment, this one has been especially hard for us. The squadron has lost 22 men and had 80 injuries. A third of the squadron has been lost or wounded. These men were soldiers my husband worked with or commanded. In addition, a few have been close friends of his. These losses will be something that dh will have to learn to live with and handle. I however am a caregiver by nature and I want to make things "all better."

After 12 years together, my husband is still number one in my life. I pray to God constantly that dh will return home healthy body, mind and spirit! I also pray for the patience and understanding to be what he needs when he needs it.

The days are numbered (wish I could tell you an exact number) and I am counting them down!

No comments: