Monday, August 27, 2007

Communication

This is my first time using a blog. I am no expert in marriage or relationships - however, I feel that I have a solid and successful marriage due to God, rspect, and communication. I hope my thoughts and feelings can help other wives -especially those married to the military.

One of the strongest qualities of my marriage is communication. Though it has never been an easy road - we can now finish each other's sentences. My husband is on his third deployment. One of the most difficult things I have found is being able to communicate when I want or need to. We send letters, packages, emails, and instant messages. However, sometimes that is not enough.

My goal is to make our marriage strong even during the absences. Sometimes it is hard and I grow frusterated. I want to make sure we still have a connection. Lately, we have been able to talk more frequently than we did in the beginning of the deployment. However, I find myself still frusterated that I cannot reach out and touch him or hold him. I pray to God constantly for my husband's protection and peace of mind.

I know that this too shall end, but in the mean time I continue to communcate and reach out to my husband. With God's grace and will the end will come quickly and we will be together again.

No comments: